Accor Vacation Club Cruises – Top 20 Cruise Destinations
Check out the recommended Top 20 Cruise Destinations that are a must see when sailing as a Member with Accor Vacation Club Cruises. Here they review some of the most beautiful locations worldwide aboard the best cruise lines including, Carnival Cruises, P&O, Royal Caribbean, APT, Azamara, Princess Cruises, Holland America, Ponant, Travelmarvel, Scenic, Uniworld, Viking, Norwegian, Captain Cook Cruises and lots more.
Top 20 Cruise Destinations
A luxury river cruise is one of the highlights of anyone’s life, and the best way to go in depth, getting up close and personal, with the cultural, historical and iconic sights
of any given region. Discover our top picks for Accor Vacation Club Members and give us a call on 1300 76 14 14 to explore your river cruise options today!
1. RHINE, MAIN & DANUBE – MAGNIFICENT EUROPE: Exceptional cruising on a number of river cruise lines, exploring from Amsterdam to Budapest.
This is a great starter river cruise as you get a comprehensive coverage, cruising through the very heart of Europe. All budgets and inclusions catered for. Our choices
– APT, SCENIC, AVALON, UNIWORLD, TRAVELMARVEL, DISNEY
2. RHINE & MOSELLE – BASEL TO AMSTERDAM: A focus on to particular regions gives you a greater appreciation of these prolific wine growing areas. Discover the canal
houses of Amsterdam, Cochem Castle, medieval Luxembourg, Roman Trier and Mainz home of the Gutenberg Bible, Heidelberg Castle, Cologne, Strasbourg, picturesque Basel and more.
AVALON, VIKING, APT, SCENIC
3. RHINE & COASTAL – TULIP TIME IN AMSTERDAM: It’s all tulips and windmills, gardens and vibrant colours as you cruise the canals and rivers around Amsterdam for a
spectacular overview of the Netherlands and Belgium. APT, BOTANICA, VIKING
4. SEINE & NORMANDY – BATTLEFIELDS OF FRANCE: Join in the remembrance and military commemoration of WWI and WWII as you cruise through sweeping views of the French countryside. EVERGREEN, APT
5. DORDOGNE, GARONNE & GIRONDE – CHATEAUX, RIVERS AND WINE: Savour the taste of the prestigious wines of Bordeaux, along with local truffles, golden cognac, plump oysters and more as you cruise your way through Aquitaine. APT, SCENIC, UNIWORLD, VIKING
6. DOURO – PORTUGAL: Brings together World Heritage Listed areas and the spectacular cultural highlights of this age old grape growing region. Towns like Lisbon, Porto, Pinhão framed by the gorges of the Douro Valley, Vila Real with its nearby Palacio de Mateus – long associated with Mateus Rosé wine, ancient Salamanca and Madrid’s Prado home of the most
glorious Spanish art. APT, VIKING.
7. PO – ITALY: Sample La Dolce Vita as you cruise in luxury from Venice visiting magical cities along the way. Close by are Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet’s Padua & Verona, the lively historic capital Bologna and the rich mosaic’s of Ravenna. UNIWORLD, VIKING
8. DANUBE – EASTERN EUROPE: Imagine going just that little bit further than most. Fascinating Budapest leads you east towards Bucharest – the Paris of the East. Cruise through Hungary into Croatia; see the dramatic white cliffs of the Iron Gate, Serbian medieval towns, Romania’s mythic Dracula, and the historic
treasures of Bulgaria. AVALON, VIKING.
9. MISSISSIPPI – USA: A gentle cruise on board a traditional paddle wheeler makes you dream of Tom Sawyer and Mark Twain, from the southern charm of Louisiana and the music halls of Tennessee to Elvis “The King” and the mardi gras colours of New Orleans. AMERICAN QUEEN STEAMBOAT, APT
10. COLUMBIA & SNAKE RIVER – USA: Tracing the epic route of Lewis and Clarke, join the intimate atmosphere of an authentic paddle wheeler through the rich tapestry of ever changing landscapes, thriving wildlife havens and an up and coming wine country. AMERICAN QUEEN STEAMBOAT
11. MEKONG – CAMBODIA AND VIETNAM: For those who like a little more adventure but don’t want to give up the luxury of 5 star cruising then this one’s for you! From the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, journey west along the mighty Mekong to the golden palaces of Phnom Penh, graceful fishing villages untouched by time, Buddhist monastery’s and the World Heritage listed
temple complex of Angkor near Siem Reap. APT, SCENIC, TRAVELMARVEL.
12. IRRAWADDY – MYANMAR: The latest hotspot for travel with a feature river cruise down the Irrawaddy to bring you up close and personal with this unique culture
and long hidden landscapes. PANDAW, APT, AVALON, VIKING
13. IRRAWADDY – MYANMAR: The latest hotspot for travel with a feature river cruise down the Irrawaddy to bring you up close and personal with this unique culture
and long hidden landscapes. PANDAW, APT, AVALON, VIKING
14. GANGES – INDIA: Vibrant, mystical and energetic, the Ganges flows through many beautiful settings from the inimitable Taj Mahal and Temple of Sighs, to the raucous, colourful Bollywood cities of New Delhi and Bangalore. PANDAW, INSIDER JOURNEYS, G-ADVENTURES, TRAVELMARVEL, APT
15. YANGTZE – CHINA: A river cruise in China is one of those memories that will last forever and is beyond imagining, from soaring mountains to simple fishing villages, glittering Beijing and Shanghai to the Three Gorges Dam, Terracotta Warriors and the Great Wall. APT, TRAVELMARVEL, AVALON, VIKING, TRAFALGAR, GLOBUS
16. AMAZON – ICONIC DESTINATION, SOUTH AMERICA: Many South America tours will combine a few days cruising along the jungle stretched of the Amazon River. Expect to see Toucans, monkeys, pink river dolphins, piranha, and native peoples only recently introduced to the western world – stunning! G-ADVENTURES, TRAVELMARVEL, LINDBLAD EXPEDITIONS, APT,
ABERCROMBIE & KENT, AVALON, SCENIC, INTREPID
17. ZAMBEZE OR CHOBE – AFRICA: Its safari time as you glide beside riverbanks teeming with animals – from elephants to hippo, giraffe, lion and gazelle. Majestic Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Okavango Delta and more. APT, TRAVELMARVEL, PEREGRINE ADVENTURES, ABERCROMBIE & KENT
18. MURRAY RIVER – AUSTRALIA: Iconic, must do, bucket list for any traveler. The easy, laid back setting of the Australian outback contrasts beautifully with the historic paddle wheeler from times gone by. Discover ancient aboriginal sites, wildlife in their habitat and towns eager to welcome. CAPTAIN COOK
19. CANALS OF THE UK: While not technically a river cruise, we just had to mention that you could be master of your own canal boat while you see the sights of the UK – Aye Aye Cap’n!
20. RUSSIA’S IMPERIAL WATERWAYS – VOLGA/ DNEIPER AND EGYPT’S NILE: Recent world events have reduced their popularity at present, however we will advise when both
of these amazing destinations are ready to cruise. – APT, SCENIC, AVALON, UNIWORLD, TRAVELMARVEL, EVERGREEN.
*These cruise articles on pages 14 to 17 have been supplied by Accor Vacation Club Cruises’ third party provider and APVC Limited does not warrant
the accuracy of the information. Accor Vacation Club Cruises is a benefit available to Premiere Plus Members.