The responsible entity
The Club is operated by A.P.V.C. Ltd which is known as the Responsible Entity because, as its name suggests, it is responsible for the operation of the Club. The Responsible Entity holds all Club Property on trust for Members, in either its own name or through a related company.
Some of the Responsible Entity’s obligations include:
- to at all times act honestly;
- to carry out is obligations pursuant to the Constitution;
- ensuring the effective operation of the Club;
- to exercise a degree of care and diligence that a responsible person would exercise if they were in the Responsible Entity’s position; and
- to act in the best interests of Members,and if there is a conflict between the Members’ interests and its own interests, to give priority to the Members’ interests.